Lights, Camera, Interaction!
Making videos and posting them online may sound like a lot of expense, work and expertise, but it doesn’t have to be.
Sharing videos with an online audience was once impossible. Today, videos on sites like YouTube are available to anyone who can access a computer. And there are now permanent public archives for videos online: and generally, the most viewed videos are the ones who show up first in an online search list; and videos on those sites are 50 times more likely to appear on the first page of a Google search than all-text sites!
Plus, video sharing is easy with sites like Google, Facebook and Twitter; and that‘s the difference between you and your business being a video “star”, rather than just another “extra”.
Ok. You’re ready to make your video – starring YOU and your Company. Great!
But what’s next? What do I do? What do I say, and is my “slip” showing?
Here are some suggestions on making your video effective:
1. Educate. Videos can educate potential customers about your products and services. This can promote sales, especially for “online shopping”.
2. Answer questions. A short video where you personally respond to customer comments and questions is a great way to personalize both you and your business.
3. Review products and services. Provide an in depth, detailed review of a selected product or service to boost sales.
5. Showcase success. Report your growth, achievements and results. Read surveys and testimonials. Show a video of a successful project or product.
6. Tell your story. Create a video that shows how your business started and grew.
7. A guided tour. “Humanize” your company. Show you and your employees at work, interacting, and recreating. Make it a story about working people, not just selling products.