50+ Google Analytics Resources – The 2014 Edition
By Sean Work
Google Analytics is one of the best free data analysis tools on the web. But having this powerful tool at your disposal is irrelevant if you don’t know how to harness its potential. People say you can’t teach an old dog new tricks, but whether you’re a beginner at analytics or an expert, there is untapped wisdom in the posts below.
These posts should guide you through getting Google Analytics set up and getting started.
- The Complete Guide to Setting up Google Analytics – This post is an opportunity to identify what code you’ll need, the account structure, and various other things necessary to get set up successfully.
- Beginner’s Guide to Google Analytics – This three-part series delves into setting up your account (part 1), setting up goals (part 2), and measuring visitor interaction (part 3).
- Google Analytics Tutorial for Beginners 2014 – Video guide on how to navigate the Google Analytics interface and use certain features.
- A Guide to Getting Started with Analytics – Goes into detail about how to understand what your traffic is doing and which trends to watch.
The ability to segment data is one of the most important aspects of Google Analytics. It will allow you to compare data and make judgments.
- 16 Google Analytics Advanced Segments Tips – A combination of different segments you can apply to your analytics data to get insight. Examples include segmenting based on which type of traffic spends the most or which type of traffic bounces immediately.
- Segment Average Visit Duration in Analytics – See how you can get a better view of what average visitor duration means by segmenting your traffic.
- Google Analytics: Tracking Demographics of Ecommerce Visitors – A blog post on how to get demographic reports and how to analyze this data.
- Calculating the …read more